Mayonnaise is one of those sauces that is either loved or hated by the sauce community. there is no middle ground here. It is a staple sauce that pairs wonderfully with most crunchy snacks, sandwiches and more. It is the foundation of several classic sauces.
As a mayo lover, I would like to dedicate this recipe to all the home cooks out there.
In the video above you will learn how to make mayonnaise using a food processor and the traditional way; using a whisk and bowl.
Feel free to dive in and try this recipe at home, the goal here is to spread sauce knowledge and encourage home cooks to create restaurant grade sauces at home.
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Coil Whisk
- 1 Measuring Cup
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 200 ml Corn Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Place eggs into a pot of water, heat it to 60°C and maintain that heat for 5 minutes. Cool the eggs by placing them into a bowl with ice for 5 minutes.1 Egg Yolk
- Ensure the egg yolk is 23°C and whisk lightly for 5 seconds.
- Pour the oil in drops until you see the egg yolk has lightened slightly in color, advance to pouring in a thin stream.200 ml Corn Oil
- While adding the oil, you will notice that the mayonnaise will start to thicken, continue to add the oil in a thin stream.
- Add the lemon juice and white vinegar, you will notice that the color will change from yellow to white.1 tbsp Lemon Juice, 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- Add any preferred spices to taste.Salt & Pepper