Gochujang Mayonnaise is an upgraded version of mayonnaise made with Korean red pepper paste ( Gochujang ) and Mayonnaise. This simple yet rich Korean-American fusion is to-die for. Imagine the simultaneous flavor of umami, spicy and tangy in your mouth right at first bite. It is ideal as a burger sauce, dip and much more.
Don’t worry about the ingredients! Pretty sure, all of them can be found at your local Asian market. To get the authentic taste, it is recomended that you use our Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe. Feel free to substitute it with store-bought Japanese Mayonnaise if you do not have it on hand.
You might be wondering if the sauce is spicy. The answer is not so much. Although it has a slight heat to it, gochujang only serves to enhance the flavor of the mayonnaise. If you are not a fan of spicy food, try using 10 gr of gochujang instead.
Excited yet? Without further ado, watch the cooking video above and dive into this recipe in your own kitchen.
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Spoon
- 15 gr Gochujang ( Korean Red Pepper Paste )
- 5 gr Sesame Oil
- 5 gr Toasted White or Black Sesame Seed
- Salt, Sugar and Pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine homemade mayo , Gochujang and sesame oil using a spoon until well-incorporated.15 gr Gochujang ( Korean Red Pepper Paste ), 5 gr Sesame Oil
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your liking with salt, sugar and pepper.Salt, Sugar and Pepper, to taste
- For the last touch, sprinkle in some toasted sesame seed and enjoy!5 gr Toasted White or Black Sesame Seed