Pizza is a timeless classic, A dish that is loved and shared by people from all walks of life. It is an important dish to me as I have spent many years trying to perfect pizza. I am still on the path.
In the video, I take you on a journey to learn how to make a solid cheese pizza from start to finish. The interesting thing about this recipe is that it uses a sour dough starter instead of the yeast. of course you can just use yeast however, the end result will blow your mind.
Leave a comment with any recipe questions and I will be happy to assist.
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Scale
Sour Dough Starter Mix
- 31 g Sour Dough Starter
- 62 g Water
- 62 g Flour
- 137 g Water
- 240 g White Wheat Flour
- 3 g Salt
- 200 g Mozzarella Block
- Salt & Pepper
- The night before you plan to make pizza, prepare the sour dough mix by mixing the sour dough starter, flour and water in a bowl and store over night.
- The next day, you can start making the dough mix by adding water to the sour dough mix that you prepared last night. add the salt then the flour.
- Knead all the ingredients until a dough ball is formed
- Get a bowl, spray olive oil into the bowl, with a tissue spread the oil all over. place the dough ball into the bowl and let it rest for 2 hours. ( after 1 hour passes knead the dough ball for 30 seconds and place it back for 1 hour)
- After the 2 hours are up, you will have noticed that the dough ball has doubled in size. Lightly flour the dough ball to loosen it up from the bowl. place the dough ball onto a clean surface.
- Gently spread the dough ball from the center and move towards the crust area. if you can spin the dough then this the the time to give it a couple of spins. after you have reached the desired size or just as you feel the dough is about to rip, stop spreading and prepare for the next step
- Apply the sauce from the center and move out. its always nice to leave 1-2 cm of the crust without sauce. add a generous amount of cheese and any toppings if desired. I always spray olive oil on the cheese and crust, the cheese gets a great caramelized effect and the crust is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 250°C for a minimum of 20 minutes. place your pizza in the oven and check in after 7 minutes